[09-21-2023] Tuolumne County, CA – Man Injured After Dog Attack, Deputies Fire At Canine in Jamestown

Published September 22, 2023

[09-21-2023] Man Injured After Dog Attack, Deputies Fire At Canine in JamestownA man was seriously injured after being attacked by a dog in Jamestown, Tuolumne County, reported on Thursday morning, September 21, 2023.

The Tuolumne County Sheriff’s Office responded to the reports of the attack around 4:44 a.m. at Golden Dove Lane in Jamestown.

The deputy found the victim covered in blood while pinned to the ground, trying to hold the dog back with its collar. The deputy was able to free the man from the attack by placing himself between the dog and the victim.

Moments later, a Sonora officer arrived to assist and attempted to capture the canine with a catch pole loop, but this drew its attention. The deputy opened fire and struck the dog to protect the officer. The dog tried to attack the deputy in return, but another deputy shot the animal again, forcing it to flee.

The victim was immediately airlifted to a trauma center to be treated for the serious injuries sustained.

Authorities are still searching for the canine while the Tuolumne County Animal Control handles the investigation.

Award-Winning Dog Bite Injury Lawyers in Jamestown, Tuolumne County

In the case of dog attacks, dogs are highly aggressive and forceful, and the issue worsens when multiple dogs are involved. Attacks like this can leave victims with severe injuries, from puncture wounds and crushing injuries to disfiguration and permanent disability.

Attack survivors may require extra medications such as a rabies shot or other necessary treatments if the dog that bit them is not up-to-date with its immunizations.

Immediate medical attention after a dog attack is essential. After receiving medical care, it is advisable to seek the counsel and support of an experienced dog bite attorney for legal advice and assistance.

You can rely on our renowned Tuolumne County dog bite injury lawyers at Arash Law, under the direction of Arash Khorsandi, Esq., to effectively represent you in these court proceedings. Our firm has recovered more than $500 Million for California clients.

If you want to speak with one of our lawyers, please call (888) 488-1391 or fill out the “Do I Have a Case?” form.

arash law - free police report - desktop 2

What to Do After a Dog Bite Accident

Ensuring your safety and protecting your legal rights after a dog bite incident is crucial. This detailed guide offers helpful information on handling the aftermath of a dog bite accident:

  1. Prioritize Yourself: Prioritize getting immediate medical attention and contact the authorities to address any injuries from the dog bite.
  2. Gather Information: Gather information from the dog owner or person responsible and any witnesses present during the incident.
  3. Document the Incident: Take photographs of your injuries and any signs of negligence, and make detailed notes of what happened.
  4. Report: Report the dog bite incident to local animal control authorities or the police, providing them with factual information.
  5. Save Documents and Receipts: Preserve evidence such as medical records, bills, and receipts related to the incident and your subsequent treatment.
  6. Consult with dog bite injury lawyers in California specializing in personal injury cases to understand your rights and seek legal guidance for pursuing compensation.


Dog Bite Accident Statistics

Each year, more than 4.5 million Americans are attacked by dogs in the United States, and more than 800,000 require medical attention, based on a study conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Children make up at least half of the bite victims.

In 2019, California had the highest number of fatal dog bites. In the 36 dog bite cases of 2018, 15 children and 21 adults lost their lives.

From January 1, 2005, to December 31, 2017, 433 people in the US died. Pit bulls accounted for 66% of these fatalities, making them the breed with the most dog bite incidents. With 10% of fatal assaults, Rottweilers were the second most common breed. Overall, these two breeds were responsible for 76% of recorded deaths.