[05-02-2024] Yolo County, CA – At Least One Person Hospitalized Following Two-Vehicle Crash on I-80

Published May 3, 2024

[05-02-2024] At Least One Person Hospitalized Following Two-Vehicle Crash on I-80At least one person was hospitalized following a two-vehicle collision near Webster, Yolo County, on Thursday morning, May 2, 2024. 

According to the California Highway Patrol, the crash happened around 7:32 a.m. on westbound Interstate 80. 

Authorities stated that two vehicles collided, resulting in minor injuries. At least one person was transported to a hospital for treatment. 

Police said it was unclear what caused the crash. Alcohol and drugs are not factors in the collision. Anyone with information about the accident is urged to contact the authorities.  

No further information was released, and the authorities are gathering all necessary details to determine the cause of the crash. The investigation continues. 

Don’t Know What To Do After An Accident?

Your safety and rights depend on what you do next after an accident. Remember the following steps if you find yourself in one:

  • Check yourself for any injuries.
  • Stay on the scene, call 9-1-1, and wait for emergency responders.
  • Move your vehicle to the road shoulder if safe; turn on hazard lights.
  • Fully cooperate with law enforcement and stay until cleared to leave.
  • Document the scene and injuries with photos and videos.
  • Seek immediate medical attention.
  • Contact your insurance company and find a personal injury lawyer for legal advice.

What A Lawyer Can Do For You

Many victims put off calling a lawyer even if they sustain injuries after an accident. However, lawyers can help you in many ways. They can provide you with police reports, CCTV footage, and witness statements to strengthen your case. Your attorney will also negotiate with insurance companies to get you fair compensation. The best part is that they will do all of these things for you at no upfront cost. So if you’re injured in an accident, hire a personal injury attorney to recover medical bills, car repair costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering.