[04-20-2024] Sacramento County, CA – Two People Injured Following Suspected DUI Rollover Crash Along Ione Road

Published April 25, 2024

[04-20-2024] Two People Injured Following Suspected DUI Rollover Crash Along Ione RoadTwo people were injured following a suspected DUI rollover crash in Sacramento County on Saturday afternoon, April 20, 2024.

According to the California Highway Patrol, the single-vehicle incident happened at about 5:00 p.m. around the area of Ione Road and Claypit Road.

Officers said that the driver of a van was allegedly drunk driving when the vehicle suddenly veered off the road and hit a nearby power pole, causing it to roll over. 

The driver and the passenger of the crashed van sustained moderate injuries. Both were airlifted to a nearby hospital for further medical care. 

Power lines were reportedly also down at the scene, adding another hazard into the mix. The roadway was partially closed as a precaution.

CHP confirmed that they had arrested the driver for felony DUI. 

Don’t Know What To Do After An Accident?

Your safety and rights depend on what you do next after an accident. Remember the following steps if you find yourself in one:

  • Check yourself for any injuries.

  • Stay on the scene, call 9-1-1, and wait for emergency responders.

  • Move your vehicle to the road shoulder if safe; turn on hazard lights.

  • Fully cooperate with law enforcement and stay until cleared to leave.

  • Document the scene and injuries with photos and videos.

  • Seek immediate medical attention.

  • Contact your insurance company and find a personal injury lawyer for legal advice.

What A Lawyer Can Do For You

Many victims put off calling a lawyer even if they sustain injuries after an accident. However, lawyers can help you in many ways. They can provide you with police reports, CCTV footage, and witness statements to strengthen your case. Your attorney will also negotiate with insurance companies to get you fair compensation. 

The best part is that they will do all of these things for you at no upfront cost. So if you’re injured in an accident, hire a personal injury attorney to recover medical bills, car repair costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering.