[04-17-2024] Kern County, CA – Motorcyclist Hospitalized After Being Struck by Vehicle in Bakersfield

Published April 17, 2024

[04-17-2024] Motorcyclist Hospitalized After Being Struck by Vehicle in BakersfieldA motorcyclist was hospitalized after being struck by a vehicle in Bakersfield on Wednesday afternoon, April 17, 2024.

According to the authorities, the incident occurred at about 4:25 p.m. between Ashe Road and Taft Highway.

Reports indicate that the rider was turning left at the intersection and collided with another vehicle. 

The victim is currently recovering at a hospital after sustaining moderate injuries. It is unknown if the driver stayed at the scene or not.

Speed was dismissed as a factor, but authorities continued to investigate the collision.

Don’t Know What To Do After An Accident?

Your safety and rights depend on what you do next after an accident. Remember the following steps if you find yourself in one:

  • Check yourself for any injuries.

  • Stay on the scene, call 9-1-1, and wait for emergency responders.

  • Move your vehicle to the road shoulder if safe; turn on hazard lights.

  • Fully cooperate with law enforcement and stay until cleared to leave.

  • Document the scene and injuries with photos and videos.

  • Seek immediate medical attention.

  • Contact your insurance company and find a personal injury lawyer for legal advice.

What A Lawyer Can Do For You

Many victims put off calling a lawyer even if they sustain injuries after an accident. However, lawyers can help you in many ways. They can provide you with police reports, CCTV footage, and witness statements to strengthen your case. Your attorney will also negotiate with insurance companies to get you fair compensation. 

The best part is that they will do all of these things for you at no upfront cost. So if you’re injured in an accident, hire a personal injury attorney to recover medical bills, car repair costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering.