[04-15-2024] Merced County, CA – 5-Year-Old Kid Hospitalized After Getting Hit by Truck in Atwater

Published April 15, 2024

[04-15-2024] 5-Year-Old Kid Hospitalized After Getting Hit by Truck in AtwaterA 5-year-old kid was hospitalized after getting hit by a truck in Atwater on Monday afternoon, April 15, 2024.

According to the Atwater Police Department, the pedestrian vs. truck incident occurred just before 5:00 p.m. on the 5200 block of Crest Avenue.

Police found the child with major injuries when they arrived at the scene. The young victim was then airlifted to a local hospital for treatment.

The truck driver reportedly remained at the scene and cooperated with the ensuing investigations. Police noted that drugs or alcohol are not seen as possible factors in the crash.

No further details were immediately provided, and the authorities are still gathering all the necessary information to determine the factors leading up to the incident.

Don’t Know What To Do After An Accident?

Your safety and rights depend on what you do next after an accident. Remember the following steps if you find yourself in one:

  • Check yourself for any injuries.

  • Stay on the scene, call 9-1-1, and wait for emergency responders.

  • Move your vehicle to the road shoulder if safe; turn on hazard lights.

  • Fully cooperate with law enforcement and stay until cleared to leave.

  • Document the scene and injuries with photos and videos.

  • Seek immediate medical attention.

  • Contact your insurance company and find a personal injury lawyer for legal advice.

What A Lawyer Can Do For You

Many victims put off calling a lawyer even if they sustain injuries after an accident. However, lawyers can help you in many ways. They can provide you with police reports, CCTV footage, and witness statements to strengthen your case. Your attorney will also negotiate with insurance companies to get you fair compensation. 

The best part is that they will do all of these things for you at no upfront cost. So if you’re injured in an accident, hire a personal injury attorney to recover medical bills, car repair costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering.