[04-14-2024] Los Angeles County, CA – Elderly Pedestrian Killed After Being Struck by Hit-and-Run Driver in Reseda

Published April 14, 2024

[04-14-2024] Elderly Pedestrian Killed After Being Struck by Hit-and-Run Driver in ResedaAn elderly pedestrian was killed after being struck by a hit-and-run driver in Reseda, Los Angeles, on Sunday evening, April 14, 2024.

According to the Los Angeles Police Department, the fatal incident occurred around 9:00 p.m. between Sherman Way and Etiwanda Avenue.

Reports indicate that a man in his 60s fell to the ground while walking in a marked crosswalk for unknown reasons. The pedestrian was unable to stand up and remained on the ground.

A driver of a dark-colored sedan was traveling eastbound before hitting and injuring the elderly man.

The victim was declared dead at the scene, while the sedan driver left without rendering aid to the man.

Anyone with information about the hit-and-run driver is urged to call the authorities.

Don’t Know What To Do After An Accident?

Your safety and rights depend on what you do next after an accident. Remember the following steps if you find yourself in one:

  • Check yourself for any injuries.
  • Stay on the scene, call 9-1-1, and wait for emergency responders.
  • Move your vehicle to the road shoulder if safe; turn on hazard lights.
  • Fully cooperate with law enforcement and stay until cleared to leave.
  • Document the scene and injuries with photos and videos.
  • Seek immediate medical attention.
  • Contact your insurance company and find a personal injury lawyer for legal advice.

What A Lawyer Can Do For You

Many victims put off calling a lawyer even if they sustain injuries after an accident. However, lawyers can help you in many ways. They can provide you with police reports, CCTV footage, and witness statements to strengthen your case. Your attorney will also negotiate with insurance companies to get you fair compensation. 

The best part is that they will do all of these things for you at no upfront cost. So if you’re injured in an accident, hire a personal injury attorney to recover medical bills, car repair costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering.