[04-12-2024] Tuolumne County, CA – Two People Injured Following DUI Motorcycle Crash Along Highway 49

Published April 17, 2024

Two people were injured following a DUI motorcycle crash in Tuolumne County on Friday evening, April 12, 2024.

According to the California Highway Patrol, the incident happened around 7:00 p.m. along Highway 49, north of Highway 120 and near Montezuma.

CHP said that a 2021 Harley Davidson with two people aboard overturned in the roadway at approximately 60 miles per hour. Initial investigations suggest that the driver of the crashed motorcycle made an unsafe turning maneuver, causing the incident.

The motorcycle driver, 30-year-old Darrien M., along with his passenger, 21-year-old Amber C., suffered moderate injuries after being ejected from their ride. A private party took both of them to Adventist Health Sonora for treatment.

CHP determined that the driver was under the influence of alcohol when the accident occurred. He was arrested for felony DUI.

Additional information was not readily available at this time.

Don’t Know What To Do After An Accident?

Your safety and rights depend on what you do next after an accident. Remember the following steps if you find yourself in one:

  • Check yourself for any injuries.

  • Stay on the scene, call 9-1-1, and wait for emergency responders.

  • Move your vehicle to the road shoulder if safe; turn on hazard lights.

  • Fully cooperate with law enforcement and stay until cleared to leave.

  • Document the scene and injuries with photos and videos.

  • Seek immediate medical attention.

  • Contact your insurance company and find a personal injury lawyer for legal advice.

What A Lawyer Can Do For You

Many victims put off calling a lawyer even if they sustain injuries after an accident. However, lawyers can help you in many ways. They can provide you with police reports, CCTV footage, and witness statements to strengthen your case. Your attorney will also negotiate with insurance companies to get you fair compensation. 

The best part is that they will do all of these things for you at no upfront cost. So if you’re injured in an accident, hire a personal injury attorney to recover medical bills, car repair costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering.