[04-06-2024] Sonoma County, CA – Elderly Pedestrian Injured After Being Hit by Vehicle in Santa Rosa

Published April 6, 2024

[04-06-2024] Sonoma County, CA - Elderly Pedestrian Injured After Being Hit by Vehicle in Santa RosaAn elderly pedestrian was injured after being hit by a vehicle in Santa Rosa on Saturday evening, April 6, 2024.

According to the Santa Rosa Police Department, the incident occurred past 9:00 p.m. between Corporate Center Parkway and Challenger Way.

Reports indicate that a woman in her 30s was driving a gray Mazda sedan at 35 to 40 mph when she struck a man running in the area.

The victim was immediately transported to a hospital, where he is currently in critical but stable condition. His identity remains undisclosed, but his age is estimated to be around the mid-60s. 

The Mazda driver stayed at the scene after contacting 911. Additional information showed that there were no marked crossings near the intersection. 

The authorities have not released further information about the collision.

Don’t Know What To Do After An Accident?

Your safety and rights depend on what you do next after an accident. Remember the following steps if you find yourself in one:

  • Check yourself for any injuries.

  • Stay on the scene, call 9-1-1, and wait for emergency responders.

  • Move your vehicle to the road shoulder if safe; turn on hazard lights.

  • Fully cooperate with law enforcement and stay until cleared to leave.

  • Document the scene and injuries with photos and videos.

  • Seek immediate medical attention.

  • Contact your insurance company and find a personal injury lawyer for legal advice.

What A Lawyer Can Do For You

Many victims put off calling a lawyer even if they sustain injuries after an accident. However, lawyers can help you in many ways. They can provide you with police reports, CCTV footage, and witness statements to strengthen your case. Your attorney will also negotiate with insurance companies to get you fair compensation. 

The best part is that they will do all of these things for you at no upfront cost. So if you’re injured in an accident, hire a personal injury attorney to recover medical bills, car repair costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering.