[04-05-2024] Santa Barbara County, CA – 20-Year-Old Woman Injured After Single-Vehicle Crash Along Highway 101 Near Nojoqui Falls

Published April 5, 2024

[04-07-2024] One Killed, Three Seriously Injured After Multi-Vehicle Crash Involving Wrong-Way Driver On 10 Freeway20-year-old woman was injured after a single-vehicle crash in Santa Barbara County on Friday morning, April 5, 2024.

According to the Santa Barbara County Fire Department, the incident occurred just before 9:00 a.m. along Highway 101 near southbound Old Coast Highway and Nojoqui Falls.

Officers said that the vehicle, occupied by four people, went about 50 feet off the side of Highway 101 for still unknown reasons. One of the occupants, a 20-year-old woman, was confirmed to have sustained minor injuries and was transported to a local hospital for treatment.

It is unclear if the injured person was the driver or a passenger of the crashed vehicle. No other injuries were disclosed at this time.

Additional details were not immediately available. The authorities are still gathering all the necessary information to determine the factors leading to the incident.

Investigations are underway.

Don’t Know What To Do After An Accident?

Your safety and rights depend on what you do next after an accident. Remember the following steps if you find yourself in one:

  • Check yourself for any injuries.

  • Stay on the scene, call 9-1-1, and wait for emergency responders.

  • Move your vehicle to the road shoulder if safe; turn on hazard lights.

  • Fully cooperate with law enforcement and stay until cleared to leave.

  • Document the scene and injuries with photos and videos.

  • Seek immediate medical attention.

  • Contact your insurance company and find a personal injury lawyer for legal advice.

What A Lawyer Can Do For You

Many victims put off calling a lawyer even if they sustain injuries after an accident. However, lawyers can help you in many ways. They can provide you with police reports, CCTV footage, and witness statements to strengthen your case. Your attorney will also negotiate with insurance companies to get you fair compensation. 

The best part is that they will do all of these things for you at no upfront cost. So if you’re injured in an accident, hire a personal injury attorney to recover medical bills, car repair costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering.