[04-04-2024] Sacramento County, CA – At Least One Person Injured Following Multi-Vehicle Hit-And-Run Crash in Central Oak Park

Published April 4, 2024

[04-04-2024] At Least One Person Injured Following Multi-Vehicle Hit-And-Run Crash in Central Oak ParkAt least one person was injured following a multi-vehicle hit-and-run crash in Central Oak Park, Sacramento, on Thursday evening, April 4, 2024.

According to the California Highway Patrol, the traffic collision happened along Highway 99 near the 12th Avenue exit.

CHP stated that the incident involved at least three vehicles. The total number of people involved was not disclosed but at least one person was reportedly injured. The extent of the injuries was not released as well.

Northbound traffic on Highway 99 should slow down as investigations ensue.

Additional details were not available, and authorities are still gathering all the necessary information to determine the factors leading to the incident.

Don’t Know What To Do After An Accident?

Your safety and rights depend on what you do next after an accident. Remember the following steps if you find yourself in one:

  • Check yourself for any injuries.

  • Stay on the scene, call 9-1-1, and wait for emergency responders.

  • Move your vehicle to the road shoulder if safe; turn on hazard lights.

  • Fully cooperate with law enforcement and stay until cleared to leave.

  • Document the scene and injuries with photos and videos.

  • Seek immediate medical attention.

  • Contact your insurance company and find a personal injury lawyer for legal advice.

What A Lawyer Can Do For You

Many victims put off calling a lawyer even if they sustain injuries after an accident. However, lawyers can help you in many ways. They can provide you with police reports, CCTV footage, and witness statements to strengthen your case. Your attorney will also negotiate with insurance companies to get you fair compensation. 

The best part is that they will do all of these things for you at no upfront cost. So if you’re injured in an accident, hire a personal injury attorney to recover medical bills, car repair costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering.