[04-03-2024] San Diego County, CA – 54-Year-Old Pedestrian Seriously Injured After Being Struck by Hit-And-Run Driver in Balboa Park

Published April 3, 2024

[04-03-2024] 54-Year-Old Pedestrian Seriously Injured After Being Struck by Hit-And-Run Driver in Balboa ParkA 54-year-old pedestrian was seriously injured after being struck by a hit-and-run driver in Balboa Park, San Diego, on Wednesday evening, April 3, 2024.

According to the San Diego Police Department, the incident occurred around 8:16 p.m. along Pershing Drive at B Street.

A driver heading westbound reportedly swerved into the bicycle lane for unknown reasons and struck a pedestrian who was walking with a companion. 

The driver fled the scene, leaving the man with a skull fracture, a collapsed lung, and other serious injuries.

The victim was transported to a hospital, where his condition remains unclear. Reports did not indicate if his companion sustained any injuries or not.

There’s still no information about the suspect driver or the vehicle involved. Authorities are currently investigating the collision.

Don’t Know What To Do After An Accident?

Your safety and rights depend on what you do next after an accident. Remember the following steps if you find yourself in one:

  • Check yourself for any injuries.

  • Stay on the scene, call 9-1-1, and wait for emergency responders.

  • Move your vehicle to the road shoulder if safe; turn on hazard lights.

  • Fully cooperate with law enforcement and stay until cleared to leave.

  • Document the scene and injuries with photos and videos.

  • Seek immediate medical attention.

  • Contact your insurance company and find a personal injury lawyer for legal advice.

What A Lawyer Can Do For You

Many victims put off calling a lawyer even if they sustain injuries after an accident. However, lawyers can help you in many ways. They can provide you with police reports, CCTV footage, and witness statements to strengthen your case. Your attorney will also negotiate with insurance companies to get you fair compensation. 

The best part is that they will do all of these things for you at no upfront cost. So if you’re injured in an accident, hire a personal injury attorney to recover medical bills, car repair costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering.