[04-02-2024] Sacramento County, CA – Bicyclist Injured After Being Struck by Vehicle Near California State University

Published April 2, 2024

[04-02-2024] Bicyclist Injured After Being Struck by Vehicle Near California State UniversityA bicyclist was injured after being struck by a vehicle near California State University in Sacramento on Tuesday morning, April 2, 2024.

According to the authorities, the incident occurred at about 10:48 a.m. between College Town Drive and Sinclair Road.

The victim was found conscious while bleeding on the ground. The driver reportedly stayed at the scene.

The cause of the collision has yet to be determined. The authorities have not yet released any further information.

Don’t Know What To Do After An Accident?

Your safety and rights depend on what you do next after an accident. Remember the following steps if you find yourself in one:

  • Check yourself for any injuries.

  • Stay on the scene, call 9-1-1, and wait for emergency responders.

  • Move your vehicle to the road shoulder if safe; turn on hazard lights.

  • Fully cooperate with law enforcement and stay until cleared to leave.

  • Document the scene and injuries with photos and videos.

  • Seek immediate medical attention.

  • Contact your insurance company and find a personal injury lawyer for legal advice.

What A Lawyer Can Do For You

Many victims put off calling a lawyer even if they sustain injuries after an accident. However, lawyers can help you in many ways. They can provide you with police reports, CCTV footage, and witness statements to strengthen your case. Your attorney will also negotiate with insurance companies to get you fair compensation. 

The best part is that they will do all of these things for you at no upfront cost. So if you’re injured in an accident, hire a personal injury attorney to recover medical bills, car repair costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering.