[04-01-2024] Placer County, CA – Two People Injured After Big Rig Vs. Caltrans Sander Crash Along I-80 Near Soda Springs

Published April 1, 2024

[04-01-2024] Two People Injured After Big Rig Vs. Caltrans Sander Crash Along I-80 Near Soda SpringsTwo people were injured after a big rig vs. Caltrans sander crash in Placer County on Monday morning, April 1, 2024.

According to the California Highway Patrol, the incident occurred at about 5:52 a.m. on westbound Interstate 80, west of Soda Springs.

CHP said that the big rig rear-ended the Caltrans sander, resulting in its cab being detached from the truck. The drivers of both vehicles reportedly only sustained minor injuries. The identities of the people involved were not disclosed.

Oncoming traffic was being turned at the state line and Donner Gate in Truckee while authorities cleared up the scene.

The cause of the crash is still unclear. Investigations are ongoing.

Don’t Know What To Do After An Accident?

Your safety and rights depend on what you do next after an accident. Remember the following steps if you find yourself in one:

  • Check yourself for any injuries.

  • Stay on the scene, call 9-1-1, and wait for emergency responders.

  • Move your vehicle to the road shoulder if safe; turn on hazard lights.

  • Fully cooperate with law enforcement and stay until cleared to leave.

  • Document the scene and injuries with photos and videos.

  • Seek immediate medical attention.

  • Contact your insurance company and find a personal injury lawyer for legal advice.

What A Lawyer Can Do For You

Many victims put off calling a lawyer even if they sustain injuries after an accident. However, lawyers can help you in many ways. They can provide you with police reports, CCTV footage, and witness statements to strengthen your case. Your attorney will also negotiate with insurance companies to get you fair compensation. 

The best part is that they will do all of these things for you at no upfront cost. So if you’re injured in an accident, hire a personal injury attorney to recover medical bills, car repair costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering.